About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!


Quotes For July 4th

 This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.  ~Elmer Davis

Let freedom never perish in your hands.  ~Joseph Addison

Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.  ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

For what avail the plough or sail, or land or life, if freedom fail?  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Liberty is the breath of life to nations.  ~George Bernard Shaw

Where liberty dwells, there is my country.  ~Benjamin Franklin

It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.  ~J. Horace McFarland

We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.  ~William Faulkner

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.  ~Abraham Lincoln

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.  ~William J. Clinton





No comments:

Post a Comment