About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Weather

The week started out sunny, bright, and very warm. I was hoping to get a head start on preparing my garden, but a sudden drop in temperatures nixed my plans. I've widened the garden this year, so I should be able to plant many more veggies. I just hope it warms up soon.

I've always done some of my best plotting for my stories while gardening. Everything seems to come together while my hands are in the soil. Several ideas for new stories also come to me while I'm working, and one time I even wrote an entire play after mulling it around in my mind while my hands toiled in the soil.

Some writers are more productive in the winter, but for me, the warm weather sets my creativity on fire and my muse comes out to play.     

No comments:

Post a Comment