About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Cabin Fever


When Kayla North's car is run off the road during a blizzard, she begins walking down an unfamiliar desolate back country road hoping to find shelter from the worsening storm. Later she awakens naked in a strange bed wondering how she got there. The door slowly opens and Kayla sees a handsome stranger looking at her. Something about him seems oddly familiar, but she is certain she's never met him before.

Excerpt

Kayla slowly opened her eyes. She was warm. She wiggled her toes, relieved that she could feel them again. Where was she and how did she get here? The last thing she remembered was being out in the storm and falling. And being colder than she had ever been before. She glanced around the cozy room. A fire was crackling merrily in a fireplace, a heavy comforter was tucked around her, and a fluffy pillow placed under her head. She breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that she hadn't frozen to death, and thankful to whomever had rescued her and brought her here. She tried to pull herself to a sitting position, but a jabbing pain between her eyes forced her to settle back against the pillow. 

"Hello," she called.

Seconds later a tall muscular form appeared in the door-way. He hurried to the bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"You found me?"

He nodded. "I was worried about you. You'd lost consciousness."

"Why didn't you take me to a hospital?" 

He laughed. "We're snowed in, and besides, the nearest hospital is about forty-five minutes away in good weather. Thank God you weren't seriously injured or I don't know what I would have done. It could be days before the roads here are plowed. I'm just grateful that I found you when I did."

"Days?" 

"Maybe weeks, but don't worry, I've got plenty of fire-wood and food."

Kayla raised an eyebrow. "I've got to get out of here. You managed to find me so you can get me to town...it's only a few miles from where I went into the ditch."

He laughed again. "There's already over three feet of snow and more coming. We're in the middle of a full-blown blizzard. We'll be snowed in here for a while so you may as well get used to it. It could be worse. At least I have heat and plenty of food."

Whiskey Creek Press Torrid

My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment