About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

New Excerpt Wednesday – Broken Promises: A New Beginning

Farrel averted her eyes from Mary's. They seemed to look right into her very soul, right to all the hidden places no one could ever know about. "Robert has never hurt me." She glanced at her arm, now encased in a cast. "I'm clumsy, that's all."

Mary sighed. "Okay, I don't want to press you."

Farrel wondered if Mary could sense the fear within her. If she had once been in Farrel's shoes, then she must certainly know that Robert would deny any wrongdoing and her life would become even more unbearable than it was now.

Mary pulled a card from her pocket. "If you ever need to talk to someone, Jerry Feldon is a great guy. He's helped me through many rough times. And you can always call me." She smiled.

Farrel reluctantly took the card. "Thank you, but I really don't think I'll be needing it."

Mary patted her shoulder. "Just in case," she said softly. "Just in case."


Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Itunes

No comments:

Post a Comment