About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Excerpt Wednesday – Twisted Lives

Daniel quickly got to his feet. "Stay here for a minute. I'll be right back." He hurried to Lt. Jackson's office. Ben was coming around the corner.

"Slow down, Daniel. What's up?" Ben asked.

"I've got to talk to the lieutenant. The same man who we suspect of being our serial killer employs Randy Kane. He could be the next victim." He rapped on the door, and then opened it without waiting for consent. Ben followed him inside.

Lieutenant Jackson sat behind a large desk and looked up as they entered.

"We need protection for Randy Kane. He works for this guy," Daniel explained, stabbing a finger at the composite sitting on top of a stack of files on the cluttered desk. "The same man we believe is responsible for his brother's death."

Lt. Jackson leaned back in his chair and pulled at his chin. "I agree, but we need to locate him first."

"What do you mean?" Daniel asked.

The older man's eyes narrowed. "Bill Kane just called and said he and his wife still haven't seen or heard from Randy."

"Maybe he found out about his brother and took off to be alone," Ben offered.

"No, I don't buy it. I think he would have gone home for Sara's sake," Daniel said.
"The three kids are very close, and the boys very protective of their sister."

Lt. Jackson eyed the detectives. "I want you two to track him down." He glanced at the composite. "I just hope it's not too late."

Formats:  Paperback and Ebook


Amazon 
Barnes & Noble 
Smashwords 

No comments:

Post a Comment