About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Excerpt Wednesday – Murder In The Pinelands

Seconds later the door opened. Evan rushed over to Kennedy and flung his arms around her, almost knocking her off her stool. Jensyn looked toward the door expecting to see Aaron, and was disappointed that he wasn't with Evan.

Kennedy broke the embrace. "Evan, what's the matter? You're shaking." She studied him. "What happened?"

Evan stood back and stared at her. His face was ghostly white. "It's…it's Aaron," he choked. "It's bad."

"What about Aaron?" Jensyn demanded as her chest tightened. "Has he been in an accident?"

"No," Evan replied hoarsely.

"Where is he, Evan? Did you go back for him last night?" she demanded.

He avoided her eyes. "No. I was too tired after I drove you both here. I figured he'd probably start walking and someone would pick him up. I wasn't too worried about him."

"Did you at least find out if he got home okay? I tried calling and texting him, and he hasn't answered." Jensyn bit her bottom lip.

"I stopped at his house this afternoon, and his mother said he never came home last night. She thought he was with me." He swallowed hard. "I went back to the woods. He was still there. He never left."

"Good," Jensyn said, relieved. "He still didn't want to leave with you? Drive me there and I'll talk to him." 

Evan's eyes lowered. "You don't understand, Jensyn. You need to listen. I can't drive you there."

"Why not?" Jensyn asked. "Did he say he doesn't want to see me?"

"Jensyn, stop. Please." He drew several shaky breaths. "He's dead. Aaron's dead!" 


Amazon - Paperback 
Amazon - Ebook 
Barnes & Noble 
Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment