About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Excerpt Wednesday – Over The Edge

Maggie’s patience was rapidly disappearing. "Look, if you have something to say, just say it. I don’t have time for drama queen theatrics." She put the sponge under the counter then stood with hands on hips to face her antagonist.

"Is there somewhere we can go to speak privately? I don’t want to talk here, Maggie." She glanced around at the few customers.

She shook her head. "We can talk here. Can I get you some coffee or anything?"

"No, thank you." She twisted the handle of her handbag. "I don’t know how to break the news to you."

"Janna, just come out with it," Maggie snapped. "I told you I don’t have the time or the patience for your silly games today."

The younger woman sighed again. "I suppose since there really is no easy way to say this, I should just come right on out and tell you."

"Please do."

She hesitated for a moment. "Chris moved in with Chelsea last night." Her eyes met Maggie’s. "You know Chelsea Howard?"

Maggie felt like she’d just been kicked in the stomach. Her face flushed as a tremor slowly wound its way through her body. She inhaled sharply as Janna’s words slowly repeated themselves over and over in her mind. "I don’t believe you," she spat out tightly, gripping the counter as blood rushed to her head making her temples pound loudly against her skull. Her legs weakened. She’d pass out at any moment as Janna’s stinging words continued to echo repeatedly in her head, slowly fading in and out. She sucked in her breath.
 

Available in Paperback and Ebook

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment