About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Excerpt Wednesday – Murder In The Pinelands

"I don't care about any of that!" Jensyn screamed. "I only remember walking to the car. Everything is a blank after that." She charged at him again. "What did you do, Evan?"

He grabbed her wrists again. "Stop it, Jensyn! You need to listen to me. I took you two home. That's what I did!" he spat at her. "Now both of you better shut up and listen to me." He drew several deep breaths to calm himself. "Don't tell the police you don't remember anything about last night. And especially don't tell them we were drinking. Do you know what they'd do to us?"

"I doubt underage drinking is a top priority when a kid is dead, Evan," Kennedy said, dabbing at her eyes with a paper napkin.

"Do you want the police to think that we had something to do with it?" Evan hissed.

"Why would they think that?" Jensyn sniffed.

Evan's jaw tightened. "They'll want to know why he didn't leave with us," he explained. "You know how they twist everything." He stared at Jensyn. "Don't forget, Jensyn, you did argue with him. They'll try to twist that into a motive."

Available in Paperback and Ebook 

Amazon - Paperback

Amazon - Ebook

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment