About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Excerpt Wednesday – The Black Heart

"Then what the hell is it?" he demanded. 

She shook her head. "I don’t know. There’s something strange about her. She’s so secretive about her past." 

He lifted his eyebrows. "No, she’s not." 

Payton frowned. He wouldn’t listen and she wasn’t in the mood to get into a debate. "I think we should end this line of conversation. But just remember, Carter, that I care about you. I always have and always will." 

"If you care, then please treat my wife with the respect she deserves," he replied. 

She decided to change the topic. "Who’s watching Becca this afternoon?" 

"Morgan." 

She frowned. "Do you think it’s wise to bring the baby to the funeral?" 

"Morgan’s not going." 

"What do you mean she’s not going?" Payton exclaimed. "Doesn’t that prove my point to you?" she smugly asked. 

"And what point is that?" Morgan asked, entering the room with Becca tagging behind her. 

"Nothing, honey," Carter, flushed, quickly said. 

Morgan looked suspiciously at Payton. 

Payton caught her eye, and then quickly looked away from the penetrating stare. She forced herself to keep her mouth closed.

Available In Paperback and Ebook

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment