About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Story Ideas

A lot of people ask me where I get the ideas for my books. Sometimes they come from watching people, bits of conversation, or events from my or friends' lives.

My children's series The Adventures Of Angel is based on my bunny who has since passed on. She was more like a puppy than a bunny and she definitely had a mind of her own.

The Stalker came about when my youngest daughter was attending college in Pittsburgh and was being stalked. Fortunately, her situation had a happy resolution. The stalking gave me the idea for the book and my imagination did the rest.

A future novel My Tommy is based on the lives of my late parents. My father died when I was a young child and my mother never remarried. She always referred to my father as my Tommy and it was evident that he was the one and only love of her life.

I'm also working on a two-book series Obsessed and Revenge which deals with the very painful subject of spousal abuse and is loosely based on events that happened to someone close to me.

I never run out of ideas for books and I fear that I'll run out of time before I ever get to write all of the books that I want to. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment