About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Excerpt Wednesday – Broken Promises: A New Beginning

Farrel noticed the chilly silence and stole a glance at her husband. He was impeccably dressed in black slacks, and a gray jacket. His jaw was firmly set, and his facial expression caused an icy coldness to creep up her spine. Her hand trembled slightly as she flipped the pancakes. She slowly turned to face him. "Good morning, honey," she said, trying to keep her voice bright. "Are you going to be late tonight?"

"I don't know," he said as his eyes swept over her face.

Farrel could see the disgust in his eyes. This morning she had tried to mask her bruises, but the ugly purple welt on her cheek showed through and her eye was a sickening shade of black and blue.

"What did you run into this time?" he asked sharply.

She fought the urge to retort, "Your fist," but instead said, "I don't know. Maybe the cupboard."


Amazon 
Barnes & Noble 
Itunes 

No comments:

Post a Comment