About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Excerpt Wednesday – Silent Dreams

Casey sensed Blaine’s resolve was breaking. She needed to talk to her alone without Kami’s interference.

Blaine’s eyes nervously shifted.

"Leave her alone!" Kami demanded aiming a dirty look at Casey. "Get out of my apartment this minute or I’ll have both your badges."

"This concerns Blaine. Stay out of it," Jane ordered, turning to Kami.

"This happens to be my apartment," Kami shot back. "You have no right to speak to me this way in my own home."

"You’re a smart woman, Blaine," Casey continued. "We’re on your side. Whatever’s going on right now, we can help."

Blaine looked at the three women surrounding her, her gaze finally resting on Casey. "Leave me alone, please," she said in a low voice.

Casey’s jaw briefly tightened, then relaxed. "Okay, fine. I hope you know what you’re doing." She turned to leave, then looking once more at Blaine, said, "You know where to reach us."

Blaine choked back tears. "I’m sorry."

Casey pulled a card and a pen from her pocket. She scribbled something on it, and then thrust it into Blaine’s trembling hand. "Here’s my private cell phone number. Call me day or night. You probably don’t believe this, but I care." She glanced at Jane. "We both care."


World Castle Publishing 
Amazon 
Barnes & Noble 
Smashwords 
Itunes 
Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment