About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Excerpt Wednesday – Hidden Desires

She was humiliated. All the warm sensations she'd been feeling disappeared, leaving in their wake an icy cold emptiness. He'd rejected her. She'd lost not only the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, but her best friend. Her heart broke. She pulled away from him, her eyes swimming with tears. "I won't throw myself at you ever again."

He ran a trembling hand through his hair. "Sage, no, please understand, baby. It has nothing to do with that other girl. I haven't been with anyone else or even wanted to be with anyone else since I met you. It hasn't been easy, but I'm waiting for our wedding night like you've always wanted. I want it to be as special as you've dreamed it will be."

"It has everything to do with me." A tear spilled from her eye. "There's nothing more to say. Maybe my new job on Monday is an omen... a new beginning and a fresh start for the both of us—apart."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Whatever you want it to mean." She glanced at her hands, too ashamed to look him in the eye. "Please take me home, Ryan. I have a splitting headache."


Torrid Books

No comments:

Post a Comment