About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Excerpt Wednesday – Silent Dreams

 He moved closer to Blaine. "Stand up," he said softly, extending a hand to help her to her feet. 

She cocked a suspicious eye at him. "Why?"

"Because I asked you to," he answered in the same soft voice. 

Blaine smirked, shooting a sideways glance at Kami as she noted Josh’s expensive suit and the ease with which he wore it. She assumed that his classic movie star looks and obvious wealth made him think he could demand whatever he wanted whenever he wanted it. "Who do you think you are?" Her voice was icy. "No offense, Kami, but I am definitely not impressed. Someone should have taught your friend some proper manners." 

Josh kept his eyes on her as his lips turned up into an amused, but at the same time, eerie smile. 

"Just do as he asks," Kami said in a low voice. 

Blaine’s eyes narrowed. "Why should I?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm. "I don’t know who you think you are, but you certainly don’t impress me." She folded her arms across her chest. 

Josh laughed. "We’re going to get to know one another very well before this night is over." 

"I don’t think so," she replied disgustedly. "Maybe you’re used to women throwing themselves at your feet, but I’m not one of them. I am definitely not interested in anything you have to offer." 

He inched closer. "I don’t give a damn what you are or are not interested in." His eyes traveled over her body.

Available In Paperback and Ebook

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment