About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Excerpt Wednesday – Over The Edge

 Brant slowly shook his head. "Now, Chris, what kind of a man are you? You’re going to choose an over-the-hill conniving bitch like Maggie Allen instead of a tender young thing like Chelsea?" He scoffed. "What the hell’s the matter with you? You’ve got an opportunity most men would beg for. What does Maggie have that would make you throw away a chance with Chelsea?" 

Chris’s muscles tensed. "Maggie has something that women like Chelsea will never have, and that’s called class. You have no right to call Maggie names. Just keep her out of it. You know nothing about her," he angrily replied as his hands formed into tight hard fists. 

Brant threw his head back and laughed. "Well, I call it as I see it, and with Maggie I don’t see any class, only a washed-up whore who destroyed her life because of her corrupt ways." He sniffed. "Her partner in crime even dumped her when the heat was on." 

Chris looked into Brant’s devious eyes. "Maggie’s past is none of your damned business. She was set up! The bastard used her!" 

Brant continued to laugh. "Boy, she certainly has you hoodwinked." His eyes narrowed.


Available in Paperback and Ebook

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment