About Me

My photo
I'm Susan K. Droney and I write in several genres: children's books, mainstream fiction, thrillers, mysteries, and sensual/erotic romances. I am published by Torrid Books, World Castle Publishing, and Devine Destinies. Please click on the book covers or visit my website at: http://susandroney.com to read reviews, excerpts or to order my books.

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Excerpt Wednesday – Twisted Lives

 Daniel sat at his cluttered desk with his eyes focused on a stack of files, all needing his attention. He rubbed his jaw. The murders plaguing Vickville made the other cases seem trivial by comparison. Four murders with no clues or possible motives. The killer was slick, but somewhere, somehow, he’d slip up. Someone knew something. He gulped his coffee and signed a few reports. 

"Ready to call it a night?" Ben called to him from his desk. 

Daniel closed a folder and stood. "Yeah, the rest of these can wait until tomorrow. Lately I’ve been spending more time here than at home. When I am home I’m only there long enough to grab a few hours of sleep, and I’m back here again." He stretched. 

Ben grinned. "So what else is new? But all work and no play makes Ben a dull boy. I think I’ll go to Vito’s for a couple. Care to join me?" he asked, pulling on his jacket. 

Daniel glanced at his wristwatch. "Not tonight, Ben. Thanks anyway." 

"Got a hot date?" Ben teased. 

"Don’t I wish? Nah, I’ve got to get home. I need to touch base with Taylor." 

"Such are the demands of single parenthood. But you’re lucky. Taylor’s a good kid.

Formats:  Paperback and Ebook

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment